Our Annual Fund, which provides unrestricted program support, is the School’s primary tool for closing “the gap” between what the School receives in net tuition and the true cost of educating each child. The reasons for “the gap” are rooted in our resolute commitment to providing our students with the absolute best educational experience that we can and that we know is possible.
In 2018 - 2019, our Annual Fund will provide $1,500 per student in resources to enhance every child’s core educational experience. Gifts to other areas of the School, including our Signature Programs, provide an additional $1,700 per student in resources.
Our shared vision is that everyone steps up to fill this gap. No matter each family’s particular capacity to give, we encourage you to give as generously as possible to fully fund the true cost of educating each child you have at the School.
These benchmarks provide context for how gifts at many sizes can make a difference at our School, and what is typical of parent annual gifts at independent day schools in our state and nationally.
- $250 - St. Anne’s-Belfield median parent gift
- $760 - Virginia Association of Independent Schools median parent gift
- $1,191 - National Association of Independent Schools median parent gift
- $1,567* - St. Anne’s-Belfield average parent gift
- $1,500 - How much the Annual Fund provides per student at St. Anne’s-Belfield
- $2,000 - Minimum gift amount for DuVal Leadership Giving Society
- $3,200 - How much combined philanthropy provides per student at St. Anne’s-Belfield
- Why I Give - Parent Testimonials
- A message from David Lourie, Head of School, "Addressing the Gap & Making a Difference through Our Annual Fund"
- An in depth look at our mission and values: 2017 - 2022 Strategic Plan