In order to prepare the next generation of exemplary citizens and visionary leaders, students must be offered opportunities to grow emotionally, socially, and spiritually, while developing leadership skills, empathy, impact, and kindness, as well as habits that promote personal and communal wellness.
The School values student, parent, and faculty wellness and aims to integrate it daily through schedules, programs, parent and students events, and more.
- Inspiration Speaks presentations
- My Remarkable Self family workshop on navigating friendships
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting (S.T.E.P.) program and parent discussion groups
- Screenings of documentaries such as Angst and Beyond Measure
- Parent and Book Chat on Mindfulness for Kids with J. Robin Albertson-Wren
- Robin Albertson-Wren: Mindfulness for Kids: 30 Fun Activities to Stay Calm, Happy, and In Control, Althea Press; Mindfulness in Schools – Educating and Empowering Our Children, VAAEYC; An Introduction to Mindfulness for Educators, Virginia Commonwealth University; Cultivating Joy Through Mindful Awareness, VAIS Leading Learning; An Introduction to Mindfulness for Parents and Educators, Decoding Dyslexia Conference, James Madison University; Mindfulness in Schools-Educating and Empowering Our Girls, NAIS NCGS
- Michele Mathieson: Charlottesville 2017: Using Visible Thinking to Support Courageous Conversations
- Marie Reed: Finding Our Way: How Do We Create and Sustain Programs That Transform Teaching, Learning, and School Culture?
- Sophie Speidel: That's Not Love, VAIS Health and Wellness Summit; 15 Years of St. Anne’s-Belfield HealthFest: Lessons Taught, Lessons Learned, VAIS Health and Wellness Summit
You can also view the Presentations & Publications page to learn more about what faculty members are doing in their fields.