Sixth grade English teacher Jared Passmore has been named this year's Golden Apple Award winner from St. Anne's-Belfield School.
Sponsored by Better Living Building Supply & Cabinetry, the 2018 - 2019 Golden Apple Awards recognize outstanding teachers in our community's school systems and are presented to faculty members from the public and private schools (members of the Virginia Association of Independent Schools) in Albemarle County and Charlottesville City, including CATEC. One winner is selected from each school and all receive a Golden Apple, as well as gift certificates from local businesses.
All nominees for the award must demonstrably meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
- Creates a love of learning in students of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Stimulates thought and provokes student dialogue.
- Challenges students to reach high standards and expectations.
- Understands the needs of students individually and collectively, and meets those needs with determination, enthusiasm and imagination.
- Involves families in the education process.
Mr. Passmore and all 2018 – 2019 award winners will be honored at a reception in the Lane Auditorium at the Albemarle County Office Building on Tuesday, May 16 from 4:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.