In the News
For more than 100 years St. Anne’s-Belfield School has provided students with a multi-dimensional education experience that encourages them to grow into compassionate, engaged citizens. Each of our nearly 900 students are known well, supported in their unique interests and initiatives, and counted as valued members of a diverse community.
Head of School
David S. Lourie
- Diane Schmidt, Associate Head of School for Operations/Chief Financial Officer
- Beth Miller, Associate Head of School for Academics
- Warren Buford III, Associate Head of School for Advancement
- Peter Quagliaroli, Head of the Upper School
- Shannon Montague, Head of the Learning Village
- Dewayne Robinson, Director of Athletics
Two campuses in the City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County, Virginia
- 1856 - Albemarle Female Institute founded
- 1910 - Institute reopened as St. Anne’s School
- 1911 - Primary school to become Stonefield opened
- 1956 – Belfield opens, the result of the merger of Stonefield and University Country Day (the Bellair School)
- 1975 – St. Anne’s and Belfield officially merge
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
- Cum Laude Society
- Duke Talented and Gifted Program
- The College Board
To inspire and prepare the next generation of exemplary citizens and visionary leaders.
2019 - 2020 Student Demographics
- 892 total students
- 84 Pre-School students (Two-Year-Olds, Pre-School, & Junior Kindergarten)
- 174 Learning Village Grades K - 4 students
- 241 Learning Village Grades 5 - 8 students
- 395 Upper School students
- 86 Residential Life students
- 465 boys
- 427 girls
- 41% of student body receiving financial aid
- 83 students with alumni parents
- 69 zip codes represented in the student body
- 14 countries represented in the student body (Canada, China, Congo, Georgia, India, Ireland, Kenya, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam)
- 6 countries represented in the Residential Life Program (Canada, China, Kenya, Korea, United States,Vietnam)
The School's brand style guide offers approved options for logo identity, colors, fonts, typography, and graphic elements in order to provide consistency to St. Anne’s-Belfield School publications developed for the general public and School community. We encourage outside media to review these guidelines.
To obtain files of the School's logo, please contact Beth Stefanik, email@example.com.
St. Anne's-Belfield School is comprised of two campuses. Our Belfield Campus houses our Pre-School - Grade 8 students, as well as many of our athletic facilities, our Learning Village Auditorium, and our Conway Convocation Center. Our Greenway Rise Campus houses our Upper School (Grades 9 - 12), our Student Activities Center and Greenway Rise Auditorium, and many administrative offices.
799 Falconer Drive, Charlottesville, Va
Grades PS - 8/Learning Village
Greenway Rise Campus
2132 Ivy Road, Charlottesville, Va
Grades 9 - 12, Administration
Click here to view our interactive campus maps.
For Members of the Media
If you are a media professional working on a story, requesting photographs or video footage, or would like to be added to our media distribution list please contact Beth Stefanik at (434) 296-5106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.