The St. Anne’s-Belfield School Athletics Boosters support and promote student-athletes and athletics. The group assists all of the School’s sports teams by providing volunteer and fundraising support that celebrates outstanding scholastic achievement, sportsmanship, and character, both on and off the field.
Each year the Athletics Boosters undertake a variety of fundraising activities including a membership drive, sharing in support of the Fall Family Picnic, and operating the School’s concession stand at athletic events. In recent years their support has resulted in the purchase of a custom-made athletic golf cart, sound systems for both turf fields, weights for the weight room, a portable ice system for use by the athletic trainers, scoreboard, elliptical, football sled, and Kubota for athletic department use. The Boosters have also funded the Train Heroic program for all-student athletes, and assisted with the cost of the School’s Film Room.
Athletics Boosters welcome parents, grandparents, and alumni to join them in supporting the School’s athletics programs.
In the past, booster members have:
- Assisting in organizing the annual Fall Family Picnic – an opportunity to bring the entire community together
- Purchased a treadmill and elliptical machine for the training room
- Installed a new scoreboard for the Upper School field
- Purchased a custom-made athletic cart that is used daily to provide medical assistance and boost the safety of all students on playgrounds and fields
- Contributed to the lightening detection system on our turf fields and playground areas
- Installed new sound systems for turf fields
- Assisted in replacement of portable AEDs (automated external defibrillators) on both campuses
- Supported the establishment of the Spirit Club which has evolved into the Student Life Committee
- Established the STAB Scholar Athletic Awards to recognize students who maintain a high academic achievement while also participating on teams
- We support the Annual Becky Silver Blood Drive that gives all our students an opportunity to volunteer to help run the event and make an enormous impact on our Charlottesville community
- Purchased the TRX strength and training equipment to enhance the fitness program to accommodate 40 students at a time
- And much more!