The St. Anne’s-Belfield School Athletic Development Program is designed to develop and improve athleticism in every student regardless of level and/or involvement in organized sport. Its goal is to help participants be healthy and safe with better body awareness, resulting in injury reduction through increased speed, strength, balance, and flexibility.
The program was created with the underlying belief that this increased fitness is achieved by developing dynamic postural alignment and balance, through use of optimal, not maximum, loads, and with an eye to quality, not quantity. In short, training movement, not muscles.
The program was instituted in the 2014 – 2015 school year, and School athletic trainers believe it has significantly decreased the number of injuries and concussions encountered by our student-athletes.
- All fundamentals of training have been covered
- Perform movement screen for athletes as they enter grade 9
- Volume and intensity of weight training and conditioning will be increased
- In season athletes will be seen once a week on the field or in the weight room
- Two optional days will be available to use the weight room for in season athletes
- Off season training will be offered four days a week throughout the school year
- Summer program will be offered for all athletes