Here at St. Anne’s-Belfield School, we understand that the greatest investment a family can make is in the education of its children.
We are truly committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive student body by making education opportunities available to qualified students, regardless of a family’s ability to pay. Our Office of Admission stands by to help you every step of the way through our admission processes, and our Financial Aid Specialist Morgan Rakes is happy to answer your financial aid inquiries. Thank you for considering becoming part of the St. Anne’s-Belfield School community!
- Beginning mid-October go to the SSS website, www.sssbynais.org/parents.
- Click on the green "Login to Complete Or Update Your PFS" button. Please note that our school code is 6310.
- Please set up a PFS online account using your email address.
- Using your latest 1040 Income Tax Return and W2s complete the entire application. Please note that your 2018 Tax Return will not be available prior to the Jan. 1 deadline, but please go ahead and complete the application using your latest 1040 Income Tax Return. Since your 2018 tax documents will not be available prior to the deadline, be sure to upload all of the 2017 required documents. Applications will not be considered complete until the 2017 documents have been uploaded to SSS. Please feel free to add comments on the application to explain any unusual or special situations, such as a discrepancy between your latest Income Tax Return and application or additional expenses that you feel are not being captured by the application.
- Submit and pay for the PFS ($51) by Jan. 1, 2019. The fee is nonrefundable and we do not offer vouchers on behalf of SSS. SSS may waive the fee for certain income levels for domestic students only. This will be determined once you reach the payment screen.
- Required information: Submit your 2017 1040 Income Tax Return with your application. If you submitted this information last year, you do not need to submit again. Applications will not be considered complete until the 2017 documents have been uploaded to SSS. Please log back into your account and upload your 2018 required documents as you receive your 2018 W-2s and when your 2018 income tax return is complete. If you do not have a copy of a tax return, please submit a copy of your Tax Return Transcript. You can access electronic copies of your Tax Return Transcript or Verification of Non-filing Letter (if a tax return was not filed) on the IRS website. Please note based on your financial circumstance that additional documentation may be required.
¿Necesita instrucciones en español? Haga clic aquí para obtener más información.
Per IRS Publication 970 and 515, financial aid or scholarship received for expenses beyond tuition, such as room and board, is considered taxable income. Exceptions: If students are residents of a country that has a tax treaty with the United States then they may be exempt from the tax or subject to a reduced rate of withholding on aid received for anything beyond tuition. In order to claim this treaty benefit, families must complete Form W-8BEN. Form W-8BEN is a certificate that establishes foreign status and also to claim a treaty benefit.
Click here to view a printable PDF version of the 2018 - 2019 Schedule of Tuition & Fees.
PRe-School - Grade 12
|5-Day Option||3-Day Options||2-Day Option|
|Tuition||Lunch Bunch 12:00 - 1:30*||Extended Day until 3:00*||Full Day until 5:30|
|Tuition||Mandatory Meal Plan||After School until 5:30*|
|Grades K - 4||
|Grades 5 - 8||$24,900||$165||
|Grades 9 - 12||
Boarding Fee (excluding tuition)
Boarding Fee + Tuition
|10-Month Medical Insurance+||
12-Month Medical Insurance+
|Daily||Community Meal Only|
|Grades K - 4||$840||$165|
|Grades 5 - 8||$925^||$165 (MANDATORY)|
|Grades 9 - 12||$925^ (MANDATORY)|
Please note that all selected optional fees will be included in tuition payment plans.
*Please click here to view the full 2018 - 2019 Schedule of Tuition & Fees for daily rates for Lunch Bunch, Extended Day, Full Day, After School, punch cards, and additional details.
^ Includes a mid-morning snack
+ Required for international families only, must select either the 10- or 12-month plan
- Will applying for financial aid affect my child's chances for admission?
- WHO MAY APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
- How are awards determined?
- What happens in cases of divorce, separation, and single parents?
- HOW DO FAMILIES LIVING OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES (INTERNATIONAL FAMILIES) APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
- Does St. Anne's-Belfield School offer merit scholarships?
- Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year?
- Are there any special requirements for students who receive financial aid?
- Is it worth applying if I am not sure our family will receive aid?
- Is my financial information confidential?
- What if I do not have my 2018 Income Tax Return or W2? Should I still apply?
- There has been a major change in my finances since my last tax return was filed, what should I do?
- Does the School offer vouchers to help pay for the application?
- Have other questions?
A family's eligibility is determined through a careful analysis of information provided on SSS’ Parent’s Financial Statement (PFS) along with a submission of a family's current, complete income verification. Award sizes are determined by the St. Anne’s-Belfield School Financial Aid Committee, which is guided by a standardized calculation derived by SSS. This calculation considers gross taxable and non-taxable income, assets, liabilities, family size and the number of students in tuition charging institutions. After allowances for basic living necessities and taxes, discretionary income is considered available for education on a sliding scale. Families should expect to contribute to their child's educational costs at the highest possible level given their economic situation.
Families who live outside of the US who do not file a US federal tax return, Form 1040, are asked to complete a PFS and do so by using US dollar equivalent. Families are also asked to provide documentation of the family’s total income, including a statement from their employer with annual income and wage reports.
Financial need and awards are recalculated every year, using current information. If there is little change in a family’s circumstances, one can expect that grants will be renewed at a similar level. Bear in mind that any tuition increases may be shared between the family and St. Anne’s-Belfield School.