The following are current Bring your Own Device (BYOD) requirements for Grades 7 - 12.
- A Laptop: Mac, PC, or *ChromeBook 3 years or newer
* Chromebooks will meet the minimum standards but may require the student to use School-owned iPads or computer labs for more extensive projects (e.g., video editing and graphic design).
- Macs running 10.10 (Yosemite) or later
- PCs running Windows 7 or later, 64 bit processor (AMD or Intel)
- Video Output (ability to hook laptop to a projector)
- USB support
- Wireless Internet Connectivity (802.11g or 802.11a)
- Power adapter
- PC: Intel i5 or AMD equivalent (or higher) processor, 4 Gigabytes RAM (or higher), No Questions Asked/Accidental Damage warranty
- Mac: 4 Gigabytes RAM, Extended AppleCare (3 years)
- Regularly updated antivirus software
- Acrobat Reader
- Web Browser - Mozilla FireFox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari
- Common plugins (Flash, Silverlight, Java, etc.)
- Microsoft Office Productivity Suite (or open-source Office-compatible software such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice)
St. Anne’s-Belfield School is committed to ensuring all students have a laptop at home and School, and will assist families as needed to facilitate this access.