The following are current Bring your Own Device (BYOD) requirements for Grades 7 - 12.
- A Laptop: Mac or PC
- Macs running 10.15 (Catalina) or later
- PCs running Windows 10 2004 or later, 64-bit processor (AMD or Intel)
- Video Output (ability to connect a laptop to a projector) - HDMI recommended
- USB support
- Wireless Internet Connectivity capable of 5 GHz
- Power adapter
- Built-in webcam for Zoom
Minimum Hardware Recommendations
The school has increased the minimum hardware requirements due to the demands of video involvement in online learning. Recently purchased devices that do not meet these specifications will probably work, but we cannot guarantee it.
- PC / MacBook
- Intel i5 or AMD equivalent (or higher) quad-core processor
- 8 Gigabytes RAM (or higher)
- 256 GB SSD (or higher)
- Accidental Damage warranty
- Regularly updated antivirus software
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (free)
- Web Browser - Google Chrome (recommended) or Safari
St. Anne’s-Belfield School is committed to ensuring all students have laptops at home and School and will assist families as needed to facilitate this access.