Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is an agreement between you and St. Anne’s-Belfield School. In return for your transfer of cash or securities, the School guarantees it will make fixed quarterly payments to you, or another individual of your choosing, for as long as either of you live.
The size of the payment is fixed when the gift is made and will not change thereafter. Gift annuities:
- May be established with gifts of cash or securities valued at $10,000.00 or more.
- Make payments to either one or two individuals.
- Make fixed payments based upon the age of the annuitant(s) when the annuity is established. The older the annuitant(s) the higher the fixed percentage payment rate will be. Click here for a table of current gift annuity rates.
- Are a wonderful way to help the School build its endowment, so that St. Anne's-Belfield will always offer excellence in education.
Enhanced Income for Your Lifetime
- By using appreciated property to create your gift annuity, you turn your property’s long-term capital gains into income for you and substantial support for the School.
- Creating a gift annuity using cash will mean that a large part of your annuity payments are tax-free as return of principal.
Stable and Secure: A Charitable Gift Annuity
St. Anne’s-Belfield School grandmother, Barbara Howard, tells of the satisfaction a charitable gift annuity has brought to her:
“A few years ago, I did a little updating on my charitable giving. One big change in my life was that my grandchildren had entered school—three at St. Anne’s-Belfield School. I decided to establish a charitable gift annuity in their honor. The charitable gift annuity provides me with a guaranteed income, tax benefits such as avoidance of capital gains tax, and a nice tax deduction too. In the years since it began, the annuity has provided an important element of security, especially with all that has happened in our country and in the market. And the school will benefit as well. I couldn’t be more pleased.”