Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Annual Fund?
- Why do we need the Annual Fund?
- How are annual giving dollars used?
- What are the giving levels and why does the School have them?
- What is the difference between the Annual Fund and a capital campaign?
- Does it matter when I pledge or make a gift?
- Is our gift tax deductible?
- Can we make a gift to a specific purpose?
- I give a great deal of time to my School. Why should I give as well?
- How do I contribute to the Annual Fund?
- Why doesn't the School simply raise tuition?
The Annual Fund benefits everyone at St. Anne’s-Belfield School, every day. Consisting of unrestricted donations, the Annual Fund is the heart of the School’s philanthropic community, as it supports each year’s operating budget (which runs July 1 through June 30). The Annual Fund accounts for nine percent of the School’s budget and has a transformative effect on our community.
The programs at St. Anne's-Belfield School go beyond what typical schools in a small community can provide. The experiences our students enjoy would not be possible without the yearly contributions made to the Annual Fund. These investments provide what tuition revenue alone cannot, and help create an environment in which students are given opportunities to learn, grow, and give back.
Gifts to annual giving support our academic programs, libraries, classroom technology, and faculty professional development, as well as the arts, athletics, and the general scholarship fund. These priorities are identified by the faculty, ensuring annual giving dollars are used to benefit the students in the best possible way.
The School created donor catagories to give special recognition to each level of giving. They are:
- Patron Saints: $50,000 and up
- Head's Circle: $25,000 to $49,999
- Founder's Circle: $10,000 to $24,999
- Ivy Circle: $5,000 to $9,999
- All Saints Club: $2,000 to $4,999
- Greenway Rise Club: $1,000 to $1,999
- Scholars' Club: $500 to $999
- Maroon & White Club: $250 to $499
- Friends: up to $249
- GOLD Society: Graduates Of the Last Decade who support the Annual Fund
Periodically, St. Anne’s-Belfield School raises funds for major capital projects such as construction and renovations of buildings or the endowment. A capital gift is normally larger than an annual contribution because it funds long term assets of the school, and payments may be spread out over time. Gifts to the Annual Fund are payable during the current year and are channeled directly into that year’s budget.
We need and value every family’s support in every way. If you are fortunate enough to have both time and money, please share them generously. If you have little time or little money, please do whatever you can. Remember, every gift of every size makes a difference because foundations consider the percentage of the School’s community that participates in annual giving when making funding decisions.
The Board of Trustees sets tuition as low as possible while still maintaining the overall high quality of our programs. The School could not charge the full cost without seriously limiting the number of qualified students who could afford to attend. It is also important to note that a gift to the Annual Fund is tax deductible as allowed by law. Tuition is not.