This Week in the Lower School May 18th
This week in the Lower School ~ May 18, 2012
Musicals & Story Theater
Congratulations to third grade on their Medieval Musicals: Sir Gareth’s Quest and The Loathly Lady, adapted and directed by Ms. Kingsley. The costumes, singing, music, acting and dancing were all fabulous. Thanks also to all the parent volunteers who contributed so much to the success of these ambitious productions.
Meanwhile, the fourth grade performed to our Pre-School three familiar stories that they adapted, wrote and performed. Chicken Little, The Boy who Cried Wolf, and Three Billy Goats Gruff were the chosen stories and the PS children were captivated and thrilled at every performance. Ms. Solomon directed all three shows and thought the fourth grade enjoyed the whole experience as much as their young audience.
PJs & Wacky Hair Day
Our final food drive of the year is on Tuesday, May 22. Children may wear PJs to school if they bring in some canned food (soup or beans or vegetables). They can also have wacky hair but will need to bring 5 or more items if they want to be in PJs and have wacky hair! Thank you for your support so far. The food bank that we serve really depends on our donations and for 11 weeks over the summer will go without them. Let’s help fill their shelves.
- PJs & Wacky Hair Day for the Food Bank: Tuesday, May 22
- 4th grade party @ ACAC: Wednesday, May 23
- Faculty Appreciation Lunch: Thursday, May 24th
- 4th grade party (Rain Date) @ ACAC: Thursday, May 24
- Memorial Day Chapel led by Girl Scouts: Friday, May 25 ~ Parents welcome
- LS Final Assembly: Friday, May 25 @ 1:00 PM ~ Parents are welcome to attend
- Kindergarten Picnic: Tuesday, May 29 @ 12:30 PM
- 1st grade End-of-year Water Party: Tuesday, May 29
- 2ndgrade End-of-year Party with Bill Wellington: Tuesday, May 29 @ 2:00 PM
- 3rd grade End-of-year Party & Rome Day: Tuesday, May 29
- PS -4 Last Day of Classes: Wednesday, May 30
- K-4 Moving-Up Chapel & Quill Ceremony: Wednesday, May 30@ 2:00 pm in LV Auditorium ~ Parents are welcome to attend. Reception for 4th grade students and families only after the service
- Grades K-3 will dismiss from the front of the Lower School after Moving-Up Chapel
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A COPY OF THIS WEEK'S NEWS.
Sunday May, 20, 2012 at 05:29PM