MR. BRENNAN'S WEEKLY UPDATE:
This week in the Lower School ~ May 4, 2012
Dr. Lori Conklin, parent of third grader Isabella, led Chapel this week and talked about how once an unkind word or action is done, it can’t be taken back. Ask your son or daughter how she demonstrated this with toothpaste!
Food Bank ~ Maroon & White Team Challenge
Congratulations and thanks to all who donated so generously this week to the Food bank. Maroon brought in 543 and White brought in 641 which gives a grand total for the day of 1,084. Our target for the school year was to donate 5,000 items of food.
Technology in the Classroom with Mrs. Mathieson: @ 8:15 AM on Wednesday, May 9
Don’t miss this stimulating presentation by Mrs. Mathieson. She will show how the Lower School integrates technology in the classroom. You will see examples of children’s and teachers’ work and learn about useful Apps you can use with your children this summer.
- Grades K-4 parents - Technology in the classroom with Michele Mathieson, Lower School Technology Resource Coordinator: Wednesday, May 9 @ 8:15 – 9:15 AM
- 1st grade trip to Maymont Park: Wednesday, May 9
- LS Chapel led by Kristin Behfar, a parent: Friday, May 11 @ 8:30 AM
- 2nd grade field trip to Monticello: Tuesday, May 15
- Blue Denim Day: Wednesday, May 16
- Kindergarten Poets’ Tea : May 17th @ 2-3 PM
- 2nd grade field trip to Lewis & Clark Exploratory Center: Thursday, May 17 @ 9:30-1:00 PM
- No LS Chapel: Friday, May 18
- 3rd Grade Musicals: Friday, May 18 with 3 Hancock @ 9:00 AM, 3Corbin @ 11:15 AM & 3 Dubovsky @1:15 PM
- 4th grade party @ ACAC: Wednesday, May 23
- 4th grade party (Rain Date) @ ACAC: Thursday, May 24
- Memorial Day Chapel led by Girl Scouts: Friday, May 25 ~ Parents welcome
- LS Final Assembly: Friday, May 25 @ 1:00 PM ~ Parents are welcome to attend
- Kindergarten Picnic: Tuesday, May 29 @ 12:30 PM
- 1st grade End-of-year Water Party: Tuesday, May 29
- 2ndgrade End-of-year Party with Bill Wellington: Tuesday, May 29 @ 2:00 PM
- 3rd grade End-of-year Party & Rome Day: Tuesday, May 29
- PS -4 Last Day of Classes: Wednesday, May 30
- K-4 Moving-Up Chapel & Feather Ceremony: Wednesday, May 30@ 2:00 pm in LV Auditorium ~ Parents are welcome to attend. Reception for 4th grade students and families only after Moving-Up Chapel
- Grades K-3 will dismiss from the front of the Lower School after Moving-Up Chapel
Please Click Here for a copy of this week's news update.
Sunday May, 6, 2012 at 10:21PM
Choose groups to clone to: