The St. Anne's-Belfield School uniform dress code deepens our sense of community while allowing students the freedom to focus on their passions and pursuits.
Lands' End has established a custom website for St. Anne's-Belfield School that provides an interface to browse and purchase clothing items that have been approved by the School. It is available all year, so families may purchase items as children grow and as seasons change.
The Parents' Association also operates a Consignment Store on the Belfield Campus for purchasing uniform dress code items. More information is available below.
Requirements for the All-School Uniform Dress Code
- All students in the Learning Village Grades K - 8 and Upper School are required to wear clothing that appears on this website, and they may do so in any combination that they choose.
- The only exception to this general rule is that clothing in the "Activewear" category (t-shirts and mesh shorts) is only to be worn for physical education (PE) classes in grades five and six, purchased from Lands' End.
- Students are not required to have any particular items, and are not required to have all of these items.
- Pre-School students are not required to purchase or wear these items.
- You may elect to have Lands’ End print a School seal on many of the items that you purchase, but doing so is not a requirement.
- Students may only wear sweatshirts and sweaters that have been purchased either from Lands’ End or the School Store.
- Jackets and outerwear need not be purchased from Lands’ End, but such attire may not be worn inside buildings during the school day.
- In addition to regular winter jackets, students may wear School gear (sweatshirts, team jackets, etc.) as outerwear during the cold weather.
Additional Learning Village Requirements
In the Learning Village Grades K - 4, all girls’ legwear must be School colors only: maroon, white, black, or gray. In addition, boys’ socks must also be one of the School colors.
Skirts and dresses cannot be more than four inches above the knee.
Students in grades five and six are required to purchase and wear separate clothes for their Physical Education (PE) classes from Lands' End.
Returning students are permitted to wear uniforms purchased in prior years, but all new apparel must be purchased from Lands’ End.
Additional Upper School Requirements
In the Upper School, students do not need to tuck in polo shirts. If they choose to wear a button down-type oxford shirt, they are required to keep their shirts tucked in at all times.
Performing Arts Requirements
Students performing in musical events may be required to wear particular clothing. More information will be distributed prior to performances.
Blue Denim Days
On Blue Denim Days Students may wear jeans of their choosing, but must wear a Lands’ End uniform top. In the Upper School, Thursdays are “Blue Denim Days,” and Upper School students may wear blue denim jeans only (not shorts or colored denim) that are in good condition without holes or tears. The Learning Village will announce Blue Denim Days periodically throughout the year.
The School’s Parents' Association runs a Consignment Store across from the Tarring Gymnasium in the Facilities Building on the Belfield Campus. Gently used Lands’ End uniform items will be available to purchase all year, with major sales happening just before school opens in the fall and again when the weather turns cooler and long trousers and sweaters are needed. The Consignment Store stocks almost all style and sizes of uniform dress code items, and parents are welcome to use it as a sizing resource even if they prefer to purchase new items.
Families have the opportunity to consign or donate clothing items to the shop to sell to other School parents. Proceeds are split between the consigning parent and the Parents’ Association, unless the parent elects for all proceeds to benefit the Parents' Association. Consignments and donations are accepted throughout the year in designated bins.
Opening dates and times for the Consignment Shop may be found on the School calendar. Appointments may also be arranged if necessary. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.