Athletics Forms & Requirements
All Grades 7 - 12 students who plan to play a sport at St. Anne's-Belfield School must complete the following requirements before athletic participation can be granted. If you have a question, please refer to the Athletics Requirements Frequently Asked Questions sheet.
- Day Student Health Physical Form: All seventh through twelfth grade day students participating in the School's athletic program must have this form completed and signed by a physician dated after May 1. It is preferred to have forms sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to our Athletic Department: ATTN: Athletic Trainers, 2132 Ivy Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903. If you prefer to deliver the form in-person, please bring directly to the athletic offices in the Conway Convocation Center, but keep in mind that this building is often locked and difficult to access.
- Boarding Student Health Physical Form: All five-day and seven-day boarders must complete this version of the health physical form, regardless of whether he or she will play a sport. This form, along with the STAB Boarding Immunizations form, is due July 15th to the Director of Boarding, Antxon Iturbe. The form will be reviewed by the dorm's affiliated physician and then sent to athletic training staff for secondary review. It is preferred to have the forms sent electronically to email@example.com or mailed to the Boarding Program: ATTN: Antxon Iturbe, 2132 Ivy RD, Charlottesville, VA 22903.
- Concussion Education:
Concussion awareness education is mandated by State law for all athletes, their parents and/or guardians and their Coaches and Athletic Trainers. Parents: One parent of every rising seventh through twelfth grade student must complete the online concussion education course provided through XLNTbrain. This must be completed every year. Click here for instructions. Please carefully follow the directions to ensure your account is linked to your student(s)’. Note: Students must be registered in order to link parent and student accounts.Students: Every rising ninth through twelfth grade student must complete the online concussion education course provided through XLNTbrain. This must be completed every year. Click the link above that says “Concussion Education” for instructions. Take note of your XLNTbrain ID (located on the top right of your portal), because your parent will need it to link themselves to your account.
- Baseline Concussion Testing: Each rising Grades 7 - 12 student who plans to play a sport must complete concussion baseline testing with the school's sports medicine staff. Baseline testing needs to be completed once for the school year. This must be completed every year before the student can participate. Students who plan to play a sport at any point during the school year are strongly encouraged to attend summer baseline testing, if their schedule allows. Boarding students will complete testing during orientation.
- Athletic Participation Rules Form: Team rules governing athletic participation. Must
be signed by student-athlete and parent before each season.
- Non-School-Sponsored Physical Activities (NSSPA) Forms: Learning Village Grades 5 - 8, Upper School